Ok, I must admit it was not so hard to get things working, after googling a little bit and finding THE correct solution (among a lot of useless threads) — in fact, I spent two hours on that bug, more than two third of it being devoted to reading all those threads and tweaking my current install. Then, I found it: You just need to upgrade to the latest version of
cabal (1.10) and
cabal-install (which are probably patched). They can be found from the Darcs repository (yes, of course it needs a working
darcs, that cannot compile from source unless you already have a working
cabal-install program because of the many dependencies, so I choose an x86-64 binary from http://darcs.net/). The main problem stands from the package format which is not a
tar.gz file as expected.
$ darcs get http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-branches/cabal-1.10 $ darcs get http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-install $ cd cabal-1.10/ $ ghc —make Setup $ ./Setup configure —user $ ./Setup build $ ./Setup install $ cd ../cabal-install/ $ chmod +x bootstrap.sh $ ./bootstrap.sh
Note that for
cabal-install the instructions resume to a single command! Once everything is finihed, you can just update your package list using
cabal update at the command line.
So let’s go now:
$ cabal install pandoc -fhighlighting
At the end, if everything is working properly, you shoud see something like: